Thursday, October 30, 2008

Game 1 and 2






Thursday night Bobby's team played game number one of the season against the Yankees.

They batted first and went up four to nothing. Our boys couldn't seem to make any plays fielding and their kids all seemed to be huge and big hitters.
I thought "Oh know here we go, they are going to beat bad". I sensed that the other coaches were thinking the same think. When the inning ended I felt us all take a deep breath and we talked to our kids and alll resolved to keep our chin up.

My son was the second up to bat and he struck out. In the next inning he struck out again. I watched him in the dugout to see if he was getting down and he seemed ok. I was thankful that I have encourged him to do well and have fun rather than harang him when he fails. As I coached him on the field I saw that he was tired and distracted. I realized it just wasn't his day. I encouraged him to keep his chin up.

On his next at bat I looked up momentarily and prayed taht he would get a hit. He got down two strikes. He looked nervous. On the fifth pitch he hit the ball and drove in a run. I was the first base coached so I told him "see what happens when you keep your chin up".

Our team maxed out runs in three innings and won 15 to 7.

Game 2 was on Saturday the 29th against the White Sox. It was a very exciting game with several ups and downs. The boys got off to a great start hitting the ball and scoring 4 runs. Bobby hit the ball all 6 times he came up to bat. The other team batted well also and scored 5 runs. Then we a bad inning and got behind. Then they had a so so inning and we rallied. It went back and forth like this until the end and they rallied with two outs in the final inning and came out ahead.

We met our goals for runs scored but came up short on fielding and outs. We all had a great time and the kids especially.

Bobby's Pipaw and his cousin Amanda came to the game and we all cheered him on.

No comments: